Having been introduced to our family only recently, this week’s recipe definitely tops the list of holiday themed desserts. Ever since I moved up to Long Island, my girlfriend’s parents have been inviting me to family dinners several times a week. So it only seemed right that this week’s recipe was one of Ellen Salay’s. One of the most sought after desserts in her household, and now ours, this pumpkin bread will keep everyone coming back for more.
Yields 2 loaves
Write a review
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Add the oil and water and mix well.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and the eggs.
- Grease two 9x5 loaf pans, pour in the mixture and bake for 60 min or until knife comes out clean.
I'm Going Bananas http://imgoingbananas.com/
Great pumpkin bread. Very simple and delicious. I had a slight difficulty mixing out lumps when I added the pumpkin and egg but maybe I took ‘combine well’ too seriously in the previous step.
Hi Anna! Great to hear from you. It does take a little effort to mix thoroughly but we’re glad you enjoyed our recipe.
Be on the look out for some new Venezuelan Christmas recipes coming soon!