This week we bring you a traditional Venezuelan Christmas bread. This simple recipe was created so that Pan de Jamon could be made in less than hour. While living in Ohio our aunt, Maria Helena, baked some crescent rolls with ham inside which spawned the idea of using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls as the dough for the Pan de Jamon. With a prep time of 15 minutes and a cook time of 20, it is well worth the effort. Try this holiday bread and let us know what you think.
Pan de Jamon (Ham Bread)
Write a review
- Pillsbury Crescent Original Dinner Rolls (8oz)
- 1/4 lb Black Forest ham
- 10-15 pitted manzanilla olives
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp prunes
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- On a large cookie sheet roll out the dough.
- With a little water pinch together the pre-cut dough to make a rectangle about 10 x 15 inches.
- On the right most edge (short side) of the rectangle create a column of olives so that each slice will have an olive.
- Place an entire layer of the black forest ham on the dough.
- Place the raisins and prunes evenly throughout as well.
- Starting from the right side roll the dough completely.
- Beat the egg and use the brush to apply the egg wash on the dough.
- Perforate the dough with a knife all the way through in several places.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a light brown.
I'm Going Bananas http://imgoingbananas.com/
Leave a Reply